Squamish Mountain Training Group
As the summer wraps up and we get into winter, it can be hard getting into the swing of focused, structured training but this is critical to a successful winter season. Often we lose the first part of the winter just catching fitness back up to speed. Come into this year prepared for those first weeks of ski touring and climbing! A group training environment is the best way to stay focused and accountable.
Ski Touring - Ski Mountaineering - Ice Climbing - Alpine Climbing - Guide Training - Mountain Running
Our goal is to bring together a group of like minded mountain athletes who will train together in preparation for a strong winter. Baseline experience and fitness don’t matter but it is essential to have a desire to develop as an athlete and try hard in training. To make this possible, we’ve partnered with Squamish Barbell to create the Mountain Training Group (MTG). This program is based on the training we do ourselves and how we guide the athletes we coach.
The MTG is a three month program that will include two coach-led, group sessions per week and one “flex” strength session per week. For the group sessions, one will be in the strength room and one will be outdoors.
Sessions will be led by coaches Eric Carter and Adam Campbell. Jesse Bifano from Squamish Barbell will be providing strength programming and coaching.
Physical goals of the MTG in preparation for the winter season:
- Establish proficient technique
- Develop functional strength including a strong, stable core
- Build a deeper aerobic base
- Maximum 14 athletes total
- Thursday Strength Session - 6:30am - 8am (at Squamish Barbell)
- Tuesday Aerobic Session - 6:00pm (outdoor training location announced week of)
- Flex sessions can be completed at Squamish Barbell any time during regularly scheduled Open Gym.
- First day - Sept 14. Last week - Dec 18.
- 28 total sessions over 3 months.
- Cost: $750 + 5% GST
Questions? Interested but not sure if it's for you? Send us an email and we'll get back to you!
Can't join this season? Sign up for our email list below so we can let you know as we announce more training opportunities!