ALL YOU CAN VERT!
- Make sure to email us your strava link and vert total once you’ve completed the challenge!
- Check the google sheet below! You can’t edit but you can add comments if you see your information missing or incorrect info!
- We’ll send an email with final results on Monday!
What is it: A “virtual” vertical challenge on the course of your choosing. Accumulate as much vertical gain as possible, by climbing and skiing, in three hours!
- Race – For those on the race skis/boots and in spandex. The overall vert winner will win a pair of Plum R120 Race Bindings! We only have one pair so the recipient will be decided by a coin toss between the male and female vert winners!
- Citizen – Not on a skimo race setup? All entrants are entered into a draw for a bunch of sweet prizes!
- Osprey Sopris Ski Touring Pack
- Blue Ice Hummingbird Ice Axe
- Arc’teryx Atom LT Jacket (oooh soo warm)
- Icebreaker Ski Socks and T-Shirt
- Mountain Hardwear Duffle Bag
- Treatment from Greenwood Chiropractic (awarded to the most unique route completed in the Sea to Sky)
- Arc’teryx Running Shoes (model of choice depending on availability awarded to the athlete with the most vert accomplished on foot)
How to Enter: Sign up now with the form below!
- Can be on skis, splitboard, or on foot for the snowless.
- You choose your course. It can be a big climb with just a couple laps or a short climb with lots of laps! Does not need to be on-piste just smashing away. We *may* have a special prize for the most unique/interesting course of the challenge.
- Be safe! Don’t expose yourself to avalanche danger any more than you would on any other tour (ski with a partner!). Don’t interfere with ski area setup/operations. Ski in control – you’re not in an organized race! If you don’t have a safe ski option, complete the challenging on running trails!
- Stay Local – follow local heath guidelines in your community! -Must be completed on Dec 5th or 6th – choose your weather and conditions wisely!
- Use a GPS watch or Strava on your phone to record a track.
- Whenever you’re ready, start your recording! You have 3 hours (total elapsed time – not moving time)!
- Race category winner will be determined by the absolute total vertical ascent in exactly a three hour period using a valid Strava file. Race Category entrants must also complete a minimum of (3) laps but can certainly do more!
- Citizen category entrants just have to record a vert total for a three hour period to be entered into the prize drawing! No limits on number of laps – just get out and ski for 3 hrs!
- No confirmation email is sent to you but when you’re done, send us an email with a link to your Strava activity (make sure it’s public) to be included in the leaderboard. Leaderboard will be visible on this page starting Saturday Dec 5th.
- Prizing limited to Canadian shipping address. Everyone else gets bragging rights only.
- Post a photo on Instagram tagging @ridgelineathletics and @escaperoute.ca with the hashtag #allyoucanVERT to get an extra draw entry.